What's going on this new season?

Hello, dears! Today I'm going to tell you a story that has two parts. First part happened back in late spring days, while my mind was wandering around an idea for a new crochet square that was so lightweight and enough large to allow a quickly work progress, probably to use it in a new crochet blanket.

¡Hola a todas! Hoy os cuento una historia que tiene dos partes. Parte primera: allá por finales de primavera estuve dándole vueltas a una idea para un nuevo cuadrado de ganchillo que fuera ligero y de unas medidas razonables para que me permitiera avanzar rápido en la labor, probablemente para usarlo en una nueva manta de ganchillo.

Crochet Square Motif 7-2017 by Anabelia Craft Design

As a paradox, I chose then a color range that reminds me of autumn rather than spring. It was a little mess to do and undo rounds until I got close the idea I wished... or so I thought then! Because after that, it has spent the time parked on the road side waiting for a better chance. In fact, I have many ideas and crochet motifs like this, waiting for their opportunity to come to light.

Paradójicamente, elegí entonces una combinación de colores que recuerdan más al otoño que a la primavera. Hubo mucho lío de hacer y deshacer vueltas hasta conseguir cuadrar la idea como más o menos deseaba. ¡O eso creía yo!, porque después de todo ese trabajo, se quedó aparcada a un lado del camino esperando una mejor ocasión. De hecho tengo muchas ideas así, esperando su oportunidad para ver la luz.

Crochet Square Motif 7-2017 by Anabelia Craft Design
Crochet Square Motif 7/2017
Well, it turns out that this crochet square motif found its opportunity to come to light earlier than I'd have ever thought: here begins the second part of the story. Everything happened these past weeks while I was tidying up my yarn stash. My stash is becoming so large (mostly remnants of previous projects) that I almost have no free space. Does it happen to you too? I had to find a way to shorten it, so I put the yarn balls you can see below in a basket with my firm purpose of crocheting "something" with all of them. I chose these colors just because I liked how they looked together (I even took the picture at that time), without the slightest idea of what I could do with them.

Bueno, pues resulta que a este cuadrado de ganchillo le llegó su momento mucho antes de lo que hubiera imaginado, y aquí empieza la segunda parte de la historia. Todo ocurrió estas pasadas semanas mientras ordenaba mi alijo de lana. Tengo tanta lana acumulada, en su mayoría restos de proyectos anteriores, que casi no me queda espacio libre. ¿No os pasa a vosotras lo mismo? Necesariamente tenía que encontrar un modo de reducirlo, así que separé en una cesta los ovillos que veis a continuación con la intención de tejer "algo" con todos ellos. Simplemente me gustaba como se veían juntos (incluso les hice la foto en ese momento), pero sin la menor idea de qué podría hacer con ellos.

Crochet Square Motif 7-2017 by Anabelia Craft Design

The basket was on my work table for several days, still living in indeterminacy, in limbo. It was then when it made sense to rescue the square motif made last spring and find out if I could definitely crochet "something".

La cesta de lana estuvo sobre mi mesa de trabajo durante varios días, viviendo aún en la indeterminación, en el limbo. Fue entonces cuando cobró sentido recuperar el motivo cuadrado de la primavera pasada y averiguar si definitivamente podía hacer "algo". 

Crochet Square Motif 7-2017 by Anabelia Craft Design
Crochet Square Motif 7/2017
So I'm working in this new project full time now and I'll keep telling you more about it in next posts.

Así que ahora estoy trabajando de lleno en este nuevo proyecto del que ya os continuaré contando más cosas en siguientes posts. 

Crochet Square Motif 7-2017 by Anabelia Craft Design

As I know some of you will surely ask for the pattern, just tell you that I'm also working on it, including both, written instructions and  graphic. You'll find it all in my Patterns Library, as well as in Ravelry and Craftsy in a few days.

At the moment, the pile of squares is growing up so quickly,
so I'm happy!  😀

Por si os interesa y como sé que algunas de vosotras vais a preguntar en seguida por él, deciros que también estoy escribiendo el patrón del cuadrado de ganchillo y preparando su gráfico. Encontraréis todo ello en mi Patterns Library, así como en Ravelry y Craftsy en unos pocos días.

De momento la pila de cuadrados sigue creciendo y creciendo... 
¡y yo, feliz! 😀

Crochet Square Motif 7-2017 by Anabelia Craft Design

And this was the story ... for the moment 😉   
I hope you liked the today post. I'll show you further on this and other projects that I'm working on right now in my next posts, very soon.

🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸

Well, my dears, summer is coming to the end. 
Timetables and life return to their routines, the weather turns softer and calm... autumn is at the doors and it's time to crochet! 😀  
I'm looking forward to seeing what new projects are showed in your blogs  this new season.

Y esta es la historia ... por el momento 😉   
Espero que os haya gustado el post de hoy. Muy pronto os avanzaré más sobre este y otros proyectos en los que estoy trabajando ahora mismo.

🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸

Bueno, el verano está llegando a su fin. 
Vuelven a normalizarse horarios y rutinas, a suavizarse las temperaturas... ¡el otoño está a las puertas y es tiempo de tejer! 😀   
Estoy deseando ver qué nuevos proyectos tenéis entre manos para esta nueva temporada.

Crochet fast because winter is coming!

Happy and creative new season, dears!

¡Feliz y creativa temporada a todas!


WON'T MISS A THING! READ BLOG UPDATES HERE:

FIND ME WHERE YOU MOVE: 
 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, my dear 💕 Have a lovely weekend! 💕🍃🌸🍃

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty pattern and lovely vibrant colours for an autumn project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much, Sandra 💕 I'm really glad you like it. Some piles of them have already done. It's exciting to crochet now that the weather is softer. Have a lovely weekend! 💕🍃🌸🍃

      Delete
  3. El nuevo cuadrado es muy bonito y espero que disfrutes mucho haciendo combinaciones con todos esos ovillos. ¿Algún día nos contarás tu secreto para que se queden tan rectos y bien planchados? Los míos son muy, muy rebeldes. ;-)
    Besos y feliz vuelta a la rutina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sí, está siendo un buen lío combinar todos estos colores, pero es mucho más fácil ahora que las temperaturas han vuelto a ser más o menos razonables. No me imagino yo metida en este embrollo con los calores de hace unas semanas, ufff!! Y no hay ningún secreto en el bloqueado de los cuadrados: alfileres (muchos), almidón en spray (muy, muy poco), plancha de vapor (generosamente) y paciencia (infinita). ¡Feliz vuelta a la rutina para ti también! Besosssss 💕🍃🌸🍃

      Delete
  4. Your Granny Squares are beautiful Anabelia. I love the colours you have chosen to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, dear! 💕 It happes that my yarn stock space is totally full. I'm just using some remnants to get some free space to stock new yarn again. Can you believe it?! 😃 Have a lovely Sunday! 💕🍃🌸🍃

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous squares, the colours are so happy. I love seeing a pike of squares neatly stacked :)
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jill 💕 I'm happy you like them. There are several piles now :) Have a lovely weekend! 💕🍃🌸🍃

      Delete
  6. Desde luego...da gusto ver las combinaciones cromáticas que diseñas!
    Si mi nueva temporada creativa, es la cuarta parte que la tuya..me doy por satisfecha!
    Besos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias, Ani, por tu visita 💕 Estoy convencida que tu carta será espectacular, estoy deseando ver con qué no sorprendes esta vez : ) ¡Feliz finde! 💕🍃🌸🍃

      Delete
  7. Beautiful colors for the granny squares. I especially like the autumn theme. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Irene 💕 The best part of all is this granny square grows so quickly, so there are several piles of them on my table now : ) Have a lovely weekend! 💕🍃🌸🍃

      Delete
  8. Pues nos dejas deseando ver como avanza esta labor tan bonita... El cuadro es una monería, y la combinación de colores, como siempre, espectacular. ¡Menos mal que eran restos! Jejeje... Son preciosos.
    Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias, Sonia 💕 Menos mal que los calores han dado un poco de tregua porque, si no, menudo agobio. Me alegra que te guste. Avanzaré pronto más porque las pilas de cuadrado siguen creciendo... ¡Feliz finde! 💕🍃🌸🍃

      Delete
  9. Can't wait for the pattern you have used some lovely colours for it i like the one above what colour is it .It looks like a red pinky colour i really like it could you tell me what the colour is called please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I a short time I'll tell you all more about this project. Kind regards!

      Delete
  10. Indeed, we all experience this: Ideas wandering around in one's head, grannies half-finished on the desk or finished ones waiting for the right moment to be put into use. Great pattern you've come up with!
    Have a lovely Sunday,
    Marjan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Marjan, this's the story of my crocheting life: a lot of finished motifs waiting for the right moment, but I thought I was the only one. The road looks softer when I know that it happens the same to crocheters I appreciate. Have a wonderful weekend, dear! 💕🍃🌸🍃

      Delete
  11. Dear Anabelia, I admire your idea to create square which is enough large to allow a quickly work progress. That is great. Sowhen the pile of squares is growing up so quickly , blanket will be ready before winter.
    Wonderful colours.
    Send you my greetings.
    Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Este granny square es precioso! Qué buena idea has tenido en utilizar estos ovillos para este nuevo proyecto, los colores combinan con mucha fuerza. Un beso!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super bonitos esos cuadrados tan coloridos. Esperando ver el resultado.
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Me encantan tus trabajos, siempre bonitos y coloridos.
    Besos y buen finde!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Muy hermosos sobre todo la combinación es atrayente para hacerlos muchas gracias

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts